Read this article by Bored Panda about real life superheroes during this Pandemic. The article is a little “tongue in cheek,” but none the less true. After reading, choose a Norse god and decide what human form they would manifest as or help during this crisis and how . Write a story or a news report describing their adventure. 500 words is a good guide for a very short story. Consider the following:
- Point of View-First person as the god / 3rd person as another character observing the situation.
- Who is the outside character? What role do they play
- Who else does the god interact with?
- Pre-writing!!!!! Do this first. Sketch out what you want to happen, ideas for their adventures, what they will do / not do / help or screw up… Will there be a quest?
- Plot – What will happen first? Which part will you focus on? Flash Fiction stories usually have a well developed exposition, but the ACTION takes place in a very short time frame – ONE MOMENT.
- Develop your back story
- Then, Plan out your climax and write your story around it.
- Type of story? Humor? Satire? Will you mock the events as they are happening? Mock the nature of gods saving anyone? Adventure? Suspense? Have fun with it!
Do You Want To Report Abusive Content?