Amal Unbound: Sacrifice vs Consequences + Bravery vs Recklessness
- Is Amal’s punishment a sacrifice? Or is it a consequence for her behavior? Is it possible to be both at the same time? Cite the text to support your claim.
- What does it mean to sacrifice something? What does Amal sacrifice? What does her family sacrifice? Does she seem willing to make sacrifices, or does she seem reluctant? Why?
- Is Amal being brave by sneaking books away? Or is she being reckless? Is education worth further punishment?
- What would you do in Amal’s position?
- Do you think Amal would undo everything if she could? Why or why not?
Do You Want To Report Abusive Content?